the more i come here the more i like this place u are free to talk fishing with out all the bs dont post this dont say that and all u are doing is talking fishing other sites are full guys that feel so offended when they see a spot they know so the h what u know it a person can talk abought fishing on a site for fishing i for one am so sick of this i feel if it bothers u so much dont go to a fishing site i saw a post one guy his pic was a spot burn a fish on the ground wtf!!!

Posted Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:01 pm

I would tend to agree with you about a fish on a ground bein a spot burn , but at the same time I ain't giving spots out to ppl I don't even know , fishing site or not . Play my spots close to the chest cause to many fools don't practice Catch n Release . I do . So if u eat Lmb or Smallies chances are u aint gona know where I fish .. Not jus that , ppl are Scumbags . They leave beercans , lure wrappers , back lashes and trash . So in all I could care less if ppl don't know where to catch em . It took me alot of fishing before I found fish , alot of fishless water n hours spent beatin the banks . If ppl wana find fish GOOGLE MAP their area like most of us do n go to anything that has blue on it ..lol

Posted Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:49 pm

thats not what i saying its not abought giving out spots thats were people got mixed up how can u call out some one on a spot and they did not ask for one they are talking abought them fishing a spot and some one gets pissed off caus they know that place thats whats i am talking abought

Posted Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:23 pm

So let me get this straight , someone gotmad cs u said where u caught a fish ??? If it's a spot not too many ppl know about it , I would say it's a burn . If it's a spot that gets a good amount of ppl in a day tehn it's open season .. Either way be careful who u say ish too . U js makin it harder to fish the spots u like by tellin more ppl . I for one like the solitude of fishing , not big on party fishing ..lol Sorry if I still don't get it . Either way "Just Fish Man "

Posted Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:56 pm

I like to help people by giving away a few ok spots. if u keep people happy in ok spots they never discover the real honey holes. i keep my best spots to my self, possibly tell a secrative buddy or two i can trust. that way everyones happy. and anyone who gets angry about someone else giving away a spot is a hot head. its public waters, anyone can fish it, and share it with anyone they want. thats were i stand.

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:14 am

I just joined this site for some help finding some good spots to fish with my Grandkids and a cpl of buddies. Felt the heat and understand both sides of the situation when sharing spots.

Am I in the wrong place? Fished mostly out of Shark River and still do. Have my own boat now with access to the Bay. Been here since 1965 off and on but have not fished the Bay since I was a kid.

Any help short of an insult would be appreciated. This site seems to have minimum numbers of recent responses. Guess everyone is all talked out??? Or quiet about their spots??

Could use some help. You could email me private if you like.
Thanks and much obliged. I release what I don't want to eat of course. I am out of Toms River Goose Creek.
Eric

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:39 pm

welcome guys here are cool not like some other sites u will find other guys who fish were u do i cant help i dont have a boat in the water so just ask around some one here will chime in Very Happy

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Welcome aboard! I haven't fished that area since I was a kid, plus who knowns what Sandy did to the fishing in the bay. Anyway try around the bridges, titus shoal, the inlet, just off shore on the outside. Good luck point is very good for crabbing. Hope this helps. Stop by one of the local bait shops. They will guide you right to where the fish are biting. Wink

Posted Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks JimBuoy,
Appreciate your help.
Eric

Posted Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 am

Try all along the inlet walls in spring for tog and winter flatties. In the spring and fall follow the birds of course but if no birds are breaking try the 55-65 ft range I generally mark a lot of action somewhere in between the surface and bottom but for some reason it is always in the 55-65 ft range. In the summer try the sea girt reef I don't know the other reefs in the area that well but the sea girt reef is almost always consistent the fish there show a special interest in chartreuse and hot pink. And of corse for fluke always add gulp. Hope this helps and welcome to the site good luck and tight lines.

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks CrappieKing,
Appreciate your help.\
Eric

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:35 am

I think helping ppl with Saltwater spots or areas is diff than a Lake or Pond . The Oceans and Bays seem endless , while some ponds and lakes may have limited fishing grounds (bank fishing-wise ) otherwise if you can put a boat on it , catching fish aint promised so why not give up the location of that water . Welcome to the site Happy Fishing ..

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:39 am

Adam, I couldn’t agree with you more!
Secret spots, honey holes, etc are just that and should be kept that way, because some of us put a lot of time and effort into the sport to find these special locations. A basic generic location will help a fellow angler, but he will have to learn how to fish that body of water. We have all seen or heard about two guys fishing right next to each other and only one of them catches fish.
I don’t mind helping out a fellow angler, but I don’t give out exact locations, lat and lon. Even if I was to provide this info there are many variables that play into fishing. Like the weather, moon phase, tides, currents, baits, lures, structure, bottom, water temp, water clarity, techniques, etc.
Learn from the charter, party and head boat Captains. They have recreational boats chasing them all day long in the bays and ocean, but not all of them catch fish.
Share and help out a fellow angler, but you don’t have to catch, clean and cook the fish for him.
Good luck and tight lines!
Go Fish

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Right on Jim . Live action , sorry js watchin The Turtle Man ..lol I never knew ppl did that . Ppl follow Party boats n Charters around .. That seems douchey to the ppl that paid . And yeah we all put our time in , thats why I get peeved when ppl are like where do I fish . I learned to back off a bit , because alot of ppl don't have the time to do all the research , but I relate it to like a person expecting a free handout . Honestly I would be more ablidged to help if ppl would take the time to check Google Maps n ask for advise on specific bodies of water , opposed to js asking blindly where to fish .. To that I would say " In water " ...

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:06 pm

As the turtleman says.......... yayayyayeeeeeeeeeeee Laughing

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:25 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links