I found this on U-tube and it looks like a good idea. Has anyone ever tried one of these????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-WEpX6Pg88&feature=youtu.be

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 am

I get the same results with cable and wire velcro wraps...also any sporting goods store that sells camping equipment sells that kind of nylon cord and clips, for making your own "fishing butler". I almost never use a 2 piece rod anymore, but I do travel with mulitiple fishing poles, in a truck in the back its no big deal, in a small car, the rods are all over the place, I use the velcro straps one in the front and the other towards the hadles and they hold 4 rods together tightly in place down the center of the vehicle.

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Most of my rods are also one piece, but for the few two piece rods I have I use girl hair ties to keep them together. I also use them to secure the baited hooks/lures to the rods while traveling in the boat to a new location. This keeps the hooks and sinkers from swinging free while in the boat's rod holders or rocket launcher. You just wrap the stretch cord around the rod and over the plastic ball on the tie. see pic

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 am

zip ties Rolling Eyes

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:58 am

yup i agree zip ties lol Shocked

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:55 pm

I used to use tape, until it ripped up my dads cork handles. Now I use hair ties or Velcro. Zip ties are to annoying, however they work really well.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 5:41 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links