has anyone ever catch anything over a lb ?i know theres got to be monsters in there !ive seen 20lb carp!!

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 am

I haven't, but it's been a while since I fished there.

Nice fish!

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 pm

I know , it's messed up but 20 carp don't mean much . Carp eat everything n anything . I used to hear them flying out the water n crashing back in at a lil pond by me . Believe me tho there are some Big Bass in ur local waters , key is to get em to bite . Good luck , sorry I don't know much about Holmdel tho .

Posted Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:10 am

I have seen bass in the 5 lb class spawning in springtime, I have fished Holmdel for a few years now and Its not a great pond by any means. The fishing pressure is high because of trout stocking, and every hero/ retiree, not to mention all the people who bring their kids to learn how to fish are constantly bombarding the water with baits , lures, and everything else...Im positive early morning and probably at night on a full moon would be the best time to fish there..I have caught many fish there, the biggest being 2 lbs. I have caught fish right under peoples noses there too...nothing like watching an angler pick apart a point or good spot only to walk up and catch a bass on my first cast...followed by "what are you using?, I have been here for hours." lmfao
Unfortunaley for us Bishop, its one of 2, of the closest bodies of fresh water to where we are.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:01 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links