Flounder season is under way. Opening day was March 23rd and runs to May 21st. You are permitted to keep (2) fish at 12 inches.

Baits: worms, chum, & corn.

GOOD LUCK!

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:18 am

Regulations are annoying. Stopped me from keeping fish. It's just pointless to keep fish. I only keep my personal best now. My personal best was 4lbs 1oz.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 6:11 pm

My biggest fluke was hooked by the Earl Ammo pier when you could get close to it. I had a honey hole that I would pull 6 to 8lbs fluke out of. Unforunately it is inside the security zone now and I don't want to be shot at or arrested for fishing. The last time I was fishing there, during a tournamnet. I hooked a fluke that was so large that I had to sit down to reel it in. My ugly stick never bent as much as it did this day. I got the fluke along side the boat and the crew could not get it into the big net, because the fish was to large to fit insde the net. So as I was seated and fighting the fish, listening to the yelling and screaming of how big it was. The line went limp. My crew knocked it off the hook with the net! The crew became very quite and just starred back at me. Finaly they said that they were sorry, but it was just to big to get into the net. I asked why they didn't use the gaff and it became very quite again. I didn't yell or scream nor did I even see the fish. I just have the memory of the fight. By the way I still have the same crew, because you can't fire family. lol[color=blue][/color]

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 9:54 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links