I always want to fly fish with soft plastics given that there are so many small lures out there now. I had these Eurotackle micro finesse soft plastics from ice fishing and when i put that on a fly hook, man it seems like everything want a piece of it!

Have anyone fly fished with soft plastics before? if so, what are your experience and recommended lures (i got a size 6wt btw.)

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 pm

rawr215

I always want to fly fish with soft plastics given that there are so many small lures out there now. I had these Eurotackle micro finesse soft plastics from ice fishing and when i put that on a fly hook, man it seems like everything want a piece of it!

Have anyone fly fished with soft plastics before? if so, what are your experience and recommended lures (i got a size 6wt btw.)

Many, many years ago, I did fly fished, but it got too crowded with other anglers in the way or too many low braches to deal with, so I sold my gear. I really enjoyed it, but the added aggravation wasn't worth it. That was the reason I brought a boat, so I could get away from the people fishing right next to me, tangling my line, stirring up the bottom, etc, etc. Now I just keep wishing I had time to get out to fish. lol Enjoyed the video.

Posted Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:52 pm

heh yeah i didn't take my fly rod out for a long time for that reason. wasn't originally from NJ. i know up north there are plenty of better spots for it and ton of trout fishing, but down here.. meh.. we need more trout waters!

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:49 pm

There are a lot of soft plastics that you can use with fly fishing. This is one of the reasons why I always do research before buying one for my next fishing trip. Ive been finding this website's review very helpful when it comes to picking the best soft plastic to use.

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:35 pm

"rawr" always has great videos on lures, rigs, equipment and techniques. You can't go wrong watching his videos.

Posted Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:21 am

oh man i haven't done something like this for a while! they got more smaller plastics now and i can likely use smaller hooks too. would be so much fun to do this on the kayak Smile

thx for popping my video on here ^^

Posted Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Its been many years since I fly fished. But I’ve used many different things. From live bait, dead bait, tiny ice fishing lures, soft bait that I cut down in size. They didn’t have tiny soft baits way back then. Lol Basically if it was small enough and I could cast it properly, I caught fish. Nice vid.

Posted Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:07 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links