Recently moved to Camden from Maine. Going to law school at Rutgers in Camden. Now that the school year is wrapping up, I'm ready to hit the water. Trying to find some close-by ponds and lakes that are fishable from the shore. Will be getting my canoe down here soon, but until then, I'm looking to go from the shore. Any suggestions?

Posted Mon May 04, 2015 10:45 am

Hey dude, welcome to jersey and this site! You got cooper river park, the delaware river, a nice sized pond on river road -head towards rt. 73 from camden. You will see this pond 3 miles on the left. You've got some nice ponds in collingswood and haddonfield, cherry hill area. If you have a maps app on your phone, any nice sized blue dot is a good fishing spot. If you can get to rt.73 in voorhees, you got kresson lake and lions lake, which are loaded with bass and pikerel, but no boating allowed, but tons of shore fishing available....good luck and tight lines dude! Greg

Posted Mon May 04, 2015 1:51 pm

Welcome to the site. Definitely a lot of decent fishing spots here. Unfortunately, i am from further north, but listen to SouthJersey, as his countless pictures indicate, the guy can catch fish like it's his job, and i think it just may be for all the time he spends fishing. Anyone who posts that many fish pics on a daily basis has no time for work, and we applaud him for that......Just messin SJA...LOL. If you ever want to try anything up above Rt 78, let me know.

Posted Tue May 05, 2015 10:19 am

Welcome to the site. I couldn't say it any better than Chiefcrew did. You have to hook up with SJA so we can see someone elses pics. Only kidding SJA.
Tight Lines-Jimbuoy

Posted Tue May 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Ha ha- you guys are funny! I do actually work, i drive a 26 foot truck allover the state...i try to fish for my lunch break everyday. And my ride home, i pass 7 ponds or lakes, so most days i get to fish. There's even a small pond at my work with 5 bass-1 is close to 4 pounds, but they are very stubborn and rarely get hooked. Anyway, i love the ballbusting from jimbuoy and crewchief-it just shows that they have respect for me, as i do for them, we are 1 big happy family on this website! Rutgerslaw, if you do go fishing up north, make sure you talk to crew and jim before you go, that's their territory and they know it well.

Posted Tue May 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Hey Guys, he wasnt lying, i found a picture of his truck......Righteous truck SJA......all in fun...... if you ever find your way up near me, let me know we'll hit a few of my spots. SJA

Posted Wed May 06, 2015 8:44 am

If you think that SJA truck is cool. You should see how he actually catches Bass. Check out this video, its a must see. When you’re the best, everyone talks about you. This is because the rest of us can't catch fish. lol Keep them coming SJA.

http://my.xfinity.com/video/guy-goes-bass-fishing-using-his-bare-hands/440148035916/Comcast/CaughtonTape?cid=hero_sf_viral_skeleton

Posted Wed May 06, 2015 10:31 am

Oh man, that is too funny, but seriously, we need to lay of SJA, we dont want him getting a swelled head.................but damn, the guy can catch fish.

Posted Wed May 06, 2015 10:52 am

rutgerslawfishing

Recently moved to Camden from Maine. Going to law school at Rutgers in Camden. Now that the school year is wrapping up, I'm ready to hit the water. Trying to find some close-by ponds and lakes that are fishable from the shore. Will be getting my canoe down here soon, but until then, I'm looking to go from the shore. Any suggestions?

Important. Don't not become a lawyer. Trust me, Class of '07. As for the Camden and Burlco area, just pop goggle maps on and drive. There's holes everywhere.

Posted Wed May 06, 2015 11:20 am

That truck is beautiful-and that video is awesome! Thanks for the picture and link to that video! My luck, there'd be an alligator waiting for me

Posted Wed May 06, 2015 8:35 pm

I sure hope the Crewchief an I get out fishing, so we post our fish and leave you a lone. lol

Posted Wed May 06, 2015 10:12 pm

I have the canoe in the back of the truck, heading to lake straight from work today, hopefully something worth posting.

Posted Thu May 07, 2015 6:16 am

Good luck on that canoe chief! And jim, i don't mind the cyberbullying-ha ha ha i think it's great, i am old school and don't get offended too easily unless your with the government and keep stealing from my check every 2 weeks and slowly taking away all my rights!

Posted Thu May 07, 2015 1:57 pm

No I'm not with the government. They steal from my pay check too. Watch out, soon they will be taking our fish away that we catch, so they can give it away or eat it instead of us.. By the way I'm old school too and its great to see that there are a few of us still out there, who can joke and kid around without having to worry about being PC or hurting someone feelings. Hey CrewChief your old school too and are part of this club. lol

Enough said about thieving politicians.

Lets get back to fishing!
Go Fish

Posted Thu May 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Oh yea, way old school. by the way. what the hell is PC ?....LOL, and I've been married for 31 years, I'm way beyond being offended, totally enjoying all of this.

Posted Thu May 07, 2015 7:37 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links