Spent 4 hours yesterday thrashing the water with everything in my box, not a single hit. Water temp was down to 46 from 51 last week. Going to try it again tomorrow, cant waste a day off not fishing....LOL.
Hopefully the temp will come back up a bit. Need some sun also to start turning the cattails on and get some green around the lake.

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:01 am

Did get out there again on Wed, same results, no fish, at least water temp was back up to 51, and even found areas where it was as high as 53. Going to hit it hard on Monday with my brother, hopefully will be a more exciting report.........with some actual FISH in it

Posted Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:04 am

crewchief

Did get out there again on Wed, same results, no fish, at least water temp was back up to 51, and even found areas where it was as high as 53. Going to hit it hard on Monday with my brother, hopefully will be a more exciting report.........with some actual FISH in it

that's pretty discouraging because I just got back from Florida lol.. i guess i didn't miss much of prespawn/spawning yet..

before i went to florida, i hit up a deep water lake, water was super cold.. like 49 degrees in the 30 ft deep (didn't try deeper), surface was only 52 during the afternoon. Hoping in 2 weeks it'll hit the magic numbers

i miss florida...

Posted Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Yea, i am hoping these next few days will warm it up a few degrees, i have a feeling monday is going to be a killer day on the water. although, My wife is going to be away for the weekend with my daughter, so i have a feeling i will be doing a lot of fishing in the next 72 hours...

Posted Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Good luck on Monday and enjoy your short period of bachelor’s life.
As my wife always tells me before she leaves, be sure to clean up your mess before I get back or eat out a lot. lol
I’m going to attempt to get out myself on Monday. If I do and have any luck I’ll be posting pics.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:11 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links