Circle hooks is for out of season fishing. Otherwise if you use them you are saying a lot about yourself. Some people can't set the hook so they go to circle hooks. Real fishermen use J hooks and set the hook to the fish and bring there catch in. Others use circle hooks throw it out there and let the hook catch the fish. This is not fishing its crabbing. Sorry about this post but it is the truth. braid line also is cheating you should use the drag play the fish and bring it in. MONO is the way to go. And when you use braid you cut everyone lines if you cross them. people say if you use braid you get out far. That is a lie. I out cast a lot of people with mono and they have braid. Just learn to cast its all about practice. I can't wait to here what people have to say about this post. DON'T GET MAD JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. Laughing

Posted Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:51 am

i use both but if there is a lot of small rat bass around i will go with the circle i dont like to kill small bass we need them to grow up

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:47 pm

I use wide gap and J hooks. I also switch to the circle hook when catching smaller fish.

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:51 pm

i hate circles, it takes the fun out of fishing, and besides, the first time i used circles, i only manged to hook one fish in the corner of the mouth. i think they are a waste of money, all my buddies swear by them when they bait fish, but i hate bait fishing and if i do i hold the rod in my hands and set the hook my self anyway. however some say they are safer for the fish, but just crush the barbs if your that concerned, and set the hook when you get a bite, dont know why thats so hard for some people.

Posted Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:58 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links