The Jika Rig (Jig Rig) isn't something new, but the Tokyo Rig (VMC's variation of this rig) have greatly outshined it recently due to the sheer amount of anglers on social media. Jika rig didn't stand a chance when it first was popularized 10 years ago as social media wasn't that big yet with anglers.

Any how, here are a few ways you can rig it up other than buying them. I truly think that it works better than the ned rig for ned plastics!

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:47 pm

rawr - Great video!!!! I learned something new today and will have to try to out. You're teaching and old dog new tricks. lol Where do you get those nice drop weights?

When I had my boat and fished saltwater, I did the same thing and made my rigs as I needed them to fit what I was fishing for. Always had terminal tackle boxes ready.

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:34 pm

jimbuoy

rawr - Great video!!!! I learned something new today and will have to try to out. You're teaching and old dog new tricks. lol Where do you get those nice drop weights?

When I had my boat and fished saltwater, I did the same thing and made my rigs as I needed them to fit what I was fishing for. Always had terminal tackle boxes ready.

NP Jim! The Jika is an old rig that blew up in the states 10 years ago. when it died down on the hype, VMC came out with their Tokyo Rig version, which i am sure you have seen.

Any how, those dropshot weights I have gotten from Swagger Tungsten. You can likely find lead version that have a round eye too.. but if you can't find any, some folks take the wedge style and some sort of metal tool to widen the wedge and use that. alternatively, you can use lead bell weights! that's what i have been doing all these years until i gotten some opportunity to buy better stuff.

Enjoy the rig, you can go heavy and use it to skip your fav plastics under tree limbs and pull out some monster bass!

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:58 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links