I have been fishing at least once a week this year since the end of April and I noticed that the Largemouths have been alot harder to catch. I am trying to figure out if it is going to be worth fishing in August, when the temperatures go into the upper 90's. Anyone have any feedback about this? I know the fish get a little more inactive when the temps get higher because there is less oxegyn in the water, but I am trying to figure out if everyone is experiencing the same thing...

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:43 am

Well John I go out almost everyday or night. I also thought the summer heat might decress my catches. But to tell you the truth just the opposite has happened. First, I choose my times fishing to be early morning 5-6 am or evening 7-9 pm. Look for a lake or pond that is stained on color, (Less light/heat penatration. The one I fish regularly has a thick coat of allgy on it most of the summer. I have really started getting the hang of fishing soft plastic baits. I have been using Gary Yamamoto worms fished wacky style. Cant remember a better year for size and number of fish caught. I think the secret is twitching the worm just under the allgy and then let it float down. Repeat this all the way in. Dicks sporting goods has Wacky Worm Hooks but really I think any hook would work. Good luck Idea

Posted Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:46 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links