Wednesday 5/26/10 we fished with Rich his son Adam, Tom Danny, John and Herb. The storm to the south brought us a large swell of about 4 to 6 feet. Not sure how that would affect the bottom fishing we ran off to a wreck in 65’ of water. The winds were light and it was tide against the wind we decided to drift at this first stop. The water temp was up from the weekend and we read 59 degree surface temp the water along the beach is very dirty with a lot of trash in it. The plan was to wreck fish in the morning and Striper troll in the afternoon. As soon as we dropped our lines we started getting bites there were more keepers than the weekend coming in we were using salted clams. The fish were responding pretty well. We worked this wreck for several hours when the afternoon wind came up we were able to anchor. Rich and Adam were doing well Adam hasn’t been fishing since he was seven or eight and he caught on very fast pulling fish in the boat.
Sorry Rich, Adam’s fish is a little bigger !
The fish were decent sizes with a keeper ratio of 1 out of 4 which was an improvement over weekend results. I think it will pick up as the bottom water temp rises a bit. These guys fished hard all day Herb pulled a real nice Black fish which we took this photo of and released without over handling the fish. Danny was in the corner keeping pace with everyone.

The swell wasn’t much of a factor and we decided to move off a little and try a spot in 75’ of water. The word on the STRIPERS was not good, I did not hear of a trolled fish from our inlet Tuesday or Wednesday so we stayed with wreck fishing. Now the wind was up and we could anchor after we set the hook we came tight right where we wanted to be. John who was already having a great day started catching some of the bigger fish again he had the touch most of the day. We had some Sea Bass measuring 17” and 19 “very nice to see. We were hoping to see a few Cod and Tom had commented he never caught one before and as luck would have it a little while later he reeled in his first one! We caught three on this stop; they were just under the limit size and had to be released. The fish on this wreck were a little better quality .Around 2:00 we called it a day we had about 45 fish and released plenty. Good day all in all and it should keep getting better. I enjoyed fishing with these guys a pleasure to have on board! They all have great attitudes about fishing and worked at it.
Weather permitting we will be fishing Sat, Sun and Mon, I’ll fill you in on those trips next week.

Tight Lines and Good Fishing.
Capt Keith
Capt Eric
www.obsessionfishing.com Photos Posted on Web Site

Posted Thu May 27, 2010 6:46 am

got any hot spots Very Happy

Posted Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 pm

There are plenty of wrecks off Barnegat Inlet . If you fish out of Barnegat Feel free to send me an E mail . I can share a few spots with you.
keithab@optonline.net
www.obsessionfishing.com

Posted Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:41 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links