OBSESSION FISHING 7/12/10
Today we pulled out at 4:00 am with Tom Pennimpede his brother Anthony and friend Al. They looked a little beat up when they arrived at the boat from a night at Seacrets but they were on time and ready to go. We pushed offshore towards the Baltimore Canyon I pointed at the 50 line above the tip. The ride was nice I think everyone caught up on their sleep. We arrived at our spot at 7:00 Am and had the lines in 77.2 degree water it was clean blue green . I had a few chick birds and saw a few slicks that were breaking up. We worked this area for awhile without a touch . Finally at 10:21 we got our first bite it was a double on the spreader bar and middle rigger NP skirt with a bally hoo. We boated the spreader bar fish and just got the leader out of the water and the main line snapped looks like the wind on swivel cut through must have had a nick. I have used these spro inline swivels for at least 8 years without an issue, I need to rethink that ??
We continued to the NE Corner the water was getting bluer and cleaning up 78.2 degrees and just coming down the slop our middle rigger port side Barbie skirted Bally Hoo goes off. Tom was up and on the rod its screaming. He was waiting for it to slow up then he said “Hey ! look at that Blue Marlin jumping over there. Is that on my line ? “ I got a quick look at it about 400 lbs or so . It came up and rolled then broke off. It looks like it may have tail beat the main line.We got everything set back up and back to the bite mark Diann was on the bridge and I was heading back to the slick and she saw a few fish breaking the surface. Then one of the hottest bites I have seen happened. We had at least FOUR white marlin on the transom hot for our baits then three lines go down in the pit followed by my two bridge rods then a White Marlin hits the sort rigger and launches all in a matter of seconds. There is a lot to process at this moment WHAT A BITE we have all these lines tight and of course the fish that bite the Stbd rigger go to Port and the Port go to Stbd. We successfully work out the tangles . When fish tangle you need to remember to get your rod tips together it works the tangle to the tips and you can deal with it. The instinct is to pull away from each other ,that doesn’t work it drives the tangle away from you and leads to a break off, Diann goes down to help she beats the White and has it boat side quickly and we release it quickly. No time for pictures and to enjoy this catch we got FIVE tuna to land !!!!!!!!! Organized chaos .This is cool. One by one we land each of the five yellowfin we got the three pit rods landed then I handed the bridge rods down and we landed those fish. This is offshore fishing at its best, one bite (6 fish) at once changed everything. Put your time in and something is gonna happen !!
ONE BITE 3 happy guys
Tight Lines Capt Keith, Diann, Capt Joe More photos at www.obsessionfishing.com

Posted Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:49 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links