Time to replace some reels, anyone using the Pflueger President reels? If so how do youl like it/them? Have they held up?

Thanks

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:26 pm

I can't help you out on this one, because I never owned one, but I have purchased and used the Obama President reel. I can tell you that their over priced and it will only uses one line. lol Laughing
Sorry guys, but I just couldn't reseist. You lobbed it up there and I had to take the swing. Now lets get back to what realy matters - fishing.

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Well I would have to ask what ur fishing for what type of water ? I'm not sure about the Pflueger President , but the Pflueger Arbor is one of my fav reels to use .. The wide spool allows for less line memory I feel like I get more distance but that could be Line size or type too (Berkley Nano 10lb) . This stuff flies .. Anyway I stand by this reel .. I like the weight and wide spool and very smooth drag also . I have the 30 I believe , its the next to smallest size but it is Awesome .. Same price as your President reel , but thats up to you . Also try the Penn Sargus SG3000 another good one , a lil heavier but still Good .. Hope this helps .

Posted Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:01 pm

I am bass fishing and will fish a pond from shore to Greenwood lake from my bass tracker. At the moment on my spinners I am using 10 or 12 mono on 6' and 6'6 rods but might be switching over to braid like on my bait casters.

My Daiwa's I currently have are slowly but surely falling apart and that is fine because I do not like them that much to begin with. I bought them because they were on close out.

I will check out the Arbor.

Thanks!

Posted Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links