Confused looking for some advice on fishing with plastic worms carolina rigged. never have much luck with this method. not really sure why. fish plastic worms weightless around the edges with success but can't catch any carolina rigged in deeper water. tried from 1/4 to 1 oz. bullet weights pegged and free. usually use a wide gap worm hook. use any where from a 1 foot to a 3 foot fluorocarbon leader between weight and hook. not really sure about the retrieve method. any suggestions appreciated. thanks.

Posted Sun May 11, 2008 7:18 pm

I am no professional but I have had some success with Carolina Rgging. Although, I prefer unweighted Texas Rig. I use a very so retreive with slight twitches and jerks. I really use Carolina Rigging when I am trolling and I want the bait to be suspended a certain distance from the botttom. One method, if you are trolling from a boat, place the weight at the end of the line and tie 1 hook every 12 to 18 inches from the weight. I usually use about 3 or 4 hooks. This increases the chances of hooking a fish. I hope some of this was helpful.

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:29 am

thanks jersey for the reply. been practicing with some success. i have tried reducing the weight i use and it works much better. been using about the smallest i can find, some metal beads off a rattle bobber. haven't tried the trolling trick you mentioned though.. will next time out. let ya know how it works. thanks again.

Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:47 am

I can't hepl ya out here to much here most luck around here is with texas riggen and throwen to shore and lillies, but carolina riggen is great for open water fishen w/ a small splitshots and a lot of jiggen

Posted Sat May 16, 2009 5:03 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links