is it just me or am i just crazy i go other places and all they do is say no fish no fish but i here other wise i get pics of some nice fish its sad when guys just wont go and look i want to mess with some so called sharpies but i dont no fish here no fish there i just want to say i know were the fish are and rub it in there faces the bad me wants to do it big time but the adult me has to stay in control but i still just smile when i see others say no fish Very Happy

Posted Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:28 pm

When you do your home work and study and compile the data from all the daily and weekly fishing reports as well as studying the charts. This will improve your changes of finding fish instead of just tossing lures/bait blindly and hoping you get a bite.

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:48 pm

i know its so funny to me so many so called top fishing guys all say doom and gloom all i say now is just keep doing what u do and u will get what u get i know one thing i wont help those so called top guys like i did once

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:12 pm

there are also many people who post photos and trips on this community, yet either lie or do not disclose the fishing location. I think that defeats the purpose of this community and I find that any posts (such as a trip) without a location are like junk mail. just my two cents ^^

Photos are okay I guess...

Posted Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:45 am

As far as posting spots that's called ( burning a spot ) , it's not defeating the purpose of this site , I would think this site offers some spots but mostly to conversate and give tips on how you got em . Fishing to everyone is different , like you may like to eat the fish U catch , but I prefer Catch n Release , not everyone shares my same view on fishing , majority do . Also as far as Posting where you have been fishing for years putting in the hours upon hours , sacrificing , planning and researching things down to algae blooms and diff species Spawn periods , js to give it to a "community " of people is a little presumptuous and a little Spoiled to be honest . I don't know a single spot that someone gave me , I've fished puddles and empty kinda funny for days before realizing there ws no fish in them .. Idk this is kind of an unwritten rule in fishing communities . To Each is Own . FYI ppl pay money to have a guy drive them or take them to productive waters shore or boat , They're Guides n they get paid ..lol My apologies if U took or have taken offense or this the wrong way If U didn't U didn't read it right ..haha Have a Happy Safe New Year

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Bassassin, your post is perfectly stated and I agree with you.

Posted Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:19 am

bassassin201

As far as posting spots that's called ( burning a spot ) , it's not defeating the purpose of this site , I would think this site offers some spots but mostly to conversate and give tips on how you got em . Fishing to everyone is different , like you may like to eat the fish U catch , but I prefer Catch n Release , not everyone shares my same view on fishing , majority do . Also as far as Posting where you have been fishing for years putting in the hours upon hours , sacrificing , planning and researching things down to algae blooms and diff species Spawn periods , js to give it to a "community " of people is a little presumptuous and a little Spoiled to be honest . I don't know a single spot that someone gave me , I've fished puddles and empty kinda funny for days before realizing there ws no fish in them .. Idk this is kind of an unwritten rule in fishing communities . To Each is Own . FYI ppl pay money to have a guy drive them or take them to productive waters shore or boat , They're Guides n they get paid ..lol My apologies if U took or have taken offense or this the wrong way If U didn't U didn't read it right ..haha Have a Happy Safe New Year

Hey man, everyone got their own view points and I would be gladly to hear folks out. We may not have all the same view points but we are all fishermen in here. While I do agree with some of your points, again we are all different people in here, so I certainly do have different views

I can understand that people spend hard time looking for locations to fish. I can assure you that if I get paid to surf google maps and forums for fishing spots, I would probably make enough to take all of us fishing in another country. So I do share your pain and can relate. Of course, I too have my own honey holes that I would like to protect, not because of over fishing, but other reasons such as vandalism, littering etc.

How I view this community based on how the website is developed. The functionality allows people to post fishing locations, reviews and trip details. Some people opt to use some of these features, but doesn't disclose accurate information. I would deem these post useless based on how this website was designed to function. I would love it if some of these data gets culled.

Per your first sentence, I do agree. If you want to spark some convo and fishing discussion by disclosing a location, go ahead. That's what I do. What I am suggesting Is that if people want to keep their location secret, don't misuse the functionality of the site. Just post photos or something. Trips and Location discussion should be honest details.

I do share some of my trips because I want to spread the fun of fishing to the community. most of my spots that I share are too large to really call it "spot burning". There were only a small amount of places I have currently disclosed in here and my YouTube channel that people may potentially consider them as unwanted by in the fishing community, but it's not SUPER awesome places... at least not yet...

It's awesome that you protect what you like, especially with Catch and release. I don't think your response was offensive in anyway. I do understand that some people do make a living as a fishing guide, but who does it for small local ponds or honey holes? Most of them own boats and take people out on productive lakes/rivers anyway Razz

Happy Holidays!

Posted Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:23 pm

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH BASSASSIN.... I HAVE PUT HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS, INTO FINDING SPOTS.... THEN COUNTLESS HOURS FISHING THEM TO DETERMINE IF THEY ARE GOOD, BAD, OR OUTSTANDING.... THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS JUST GIVE UP A GREAT SPOT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD.... EVERYONE CAN DO WHAT I DO TO FIND SPOTS... UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE DO I EXPECT ANYONE TO GIVE UP THEIR SPOT TO ME... I ENJOY SEEING OTHERS SUCCESS ON THIS SITE AND READING WHAT AND HOW THEY CATCH THEIR FISH... BUT I DONT EXPECT THEM TO TELL ME WHERE.... I HAVE LOST TO MANY SPOTS BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE LITTERED OR ABUSED THE AREA.... I'LL BE DAMNED IF I PUT IN ALL THE TIME AND WORK AND JUST HAND IT OVER TO THE WORLD TO RUIN.... HELL, THATS ONE OF THE FUN THINGS ABOUT FISHING IS FINDING HONEY HOLES... EVERYONE HAS SPOTS THEY KEEP TO THEMSELVES AND THEIR CLOSE FISHING BUDDIES... AND IF THEY SAY THEY DON'T THEY LIE....

Posted Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:47 pm

M- I think we all are on the same boat here and I think my point isn't being communicated correctly here...

If you want to keep your honey holes, by all means go for it. Im just suggesting that it would be great if people don't lie or misuse functionality of the site. It's understandable if you want to protect your own honey holes. We all do it. I do it. We all have also lost good fishing spots due to poor fisherman.

I am not suggesting you to reveal your best spots if you think that is what I am trying to do. But if you want to, go for it.

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:27 am

Yea... sounds like we are all on the same page... it did sound like you were suggesting people give there spots up... glad you made that clear...lol.... I agree with the lying part too.. many people ask me where I catch fish I post pictures or trips of.... and i am honest with them.. I tell them straight up that I don't give up certain spots... I ask them, would you rather me lie and give you false info?? I list some lakes like the popular public ones... (Rainbow - Malaga, lakes like that) but the small ponds just can't take the pressure of a ton of anglers pounding it to death... with social media these days... thousands of people will see your posts.... crazy!

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:35 am

I share a lot of fishing spots to people if they are public parks or if they are HUGE water systems. I just don't share my waypoints Wink

Btw, you are Mike right? We're FB friends I believe?

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:44 am

yea,,, I'm Mike,.,lol and I do the same... but I try not to post lakes cause people think if they go there they will be successful... not true... hell, I have a few private honey holes that I worked hard to find and don't share them for obvious reasons,,,,but my biggest bass last year came from Malaga Lake... 51/2 pounds in November.. on white spinnerbait... I posted it and listed where and how I caught it... read my last post on here I created a new post with my thoughts on how people will catch more and bigger fish-- its not about WHERE you fish... Its about your talent and knowledge of the fish you seek out... PEOPLE NEED TO GET OUT THERE AND FISH TO IMPROVE THEIR SKILLS AND STOP THINKING THAT THEY NEED TO FIND NEW WATERS....lol

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:51 am

lol cool

im new to NJ so I am that person looking for new spots.

I don't necessary fish for big ones, at least for the next few years. My goal is really to play with the fish finder and log patterns on lakes. By the time I am done for a location, the big fish will come Wink

My goal for 2016 is map out maybe 3-5 new lakes in NJ and create a fish log for them.

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:48 am

!st of all, Happy Holidays to everyone! Smile ....And 2nd, I don`t get a chance to post much imput as much as I`d like on this site but when I do it`s usually topics like this....I`ve read every post on this topic and the one thing that stands out is all you guys are hardcore fisherman and good guys...These are the kind of guys I like to fish with or people fishing around me....Everyone`s viewpoints on this topic whether I agree or not is certainly understandable in my opinion...But for the most part, I have to agree with Mike (Mab1212) ..Too many times I found myself sorry for being a nice guy or for saying anything and for many reasons that were previously idicated by all of you guys....If I can help out guys or other members like all of you, awesome!.. But unfortunately with websites like this, information does not just go out to guys and gals that are great fishing people like lots of members here... It goes out to anyone....And for that reason, I will not post any information or give out any fishing report ...Fishing in this state seems to be growing in popularity and more often than not our fishing holes are attracting all the wrong crowds....But any member that wants to be unselfish like Rawr215, I haven`t got a problem with it....You are a real good guy for trying to be so helpful to everyone on this site but I truely hope you don`t one day regret it.......Happy New Year!

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Quite honestly, I never understood the concept of 'spot burning'. Fish do swim around, right? So that 'spot' you share may not be the same hot spot the next time. Maybe it is just a fresh water thing, but I find the concept of spot burning in saltwater a ridiculous concept.

If the Fluke are on fire a given day at the 'tires' and someone reports it, is that spot burning?
Please, the only thing I won't share are my exact GPS numbers for pieces of structure that I find over the years.

I remember one time, slamming weakfish from boat off of the 'Bathing Beach'. Guess what, I got on the horn and let everyone know.
All had a good day...

The whole idea behind the website I have built with a map search is to give people the best information of where the fish are biting ... I want to spot burn. I want to help people catch fish.
http://njsaltfish.com/index.php/maps.html

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:48 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links