Please release your fish guys. Unless you've got the record, please let them go to keep NJ bass fishing great. Keep Fishing!

Posted Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:43 am

As I gotten older and wiser and the taxidermy has become so advanced. Instead of taking the fish to be mounted, I now take photos and measurements of the trophy catch and release him. The only exceptions are if I’m planning to eat fish or the fish won’t survived after being released. This makes for bigger and better stock. Also the smaller fish have less chemicals built up in their bodies.

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Same here, keep very few fish, only to eat, if i get one worthy of the wall, being a carver, i just take measurements and carve myself one.

I know, they're not bass, didnt have those pics on my computer

Posted Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:47 pm

Real nice work on the carvings! Are you self taught or did you have formal training?

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Took a few classes here and there, but mostly taught by my father. Thanks, working on a family of yellow perch now.

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Be sure to post the pics and I want to see a striper! How long does it take you to complete a fish and would you do it for profit?

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:11 pm

jimbuoy

As I gotten older and wiser and the taxidermy has become so advanced. Instead of taking the fish to be mounted, I now take photos and measurements of the trophy catch and release him. The only exceptions are if I’m planning to eat fish or the fish won’t survived after being released. This makes for bigger and better stock. Also the smaller fish have less chemicals built up in their bodies.

soooo true bass fishing you always want to keep the big guy, but now you just measure and weigh and good to go!!

tight lines!

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:06 pm

crewchief

Same here, keep very few fish, only to eat, if i get one worthy of the wall, being a carver, i just take measurements and carve myself one.

truly amazing!!!!!!!
do you by chance sell any of these? or make to order? would love one of the bass i caught last fall!

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:09 pm

fatalfish

crewchief

truly amazing!!!!!!!
do you by chance sell any of these? or make to order? would love one of the bass i caught last fall!

I have done a few bass, i will have to look for the pics.

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 pm

jimbuoy

Be sure to post the pics and I want to see a striper! How long does it take you to complete a fish and would you do it for profit?

2 to 3 weeks depending on the fish.

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:25 pm

I never keep any bass or pikerel i catch. I want to be able to catch them when they are bigger! My son jeremy and i saw some foreign guy catch a huge pikerel and then he clubbed him with a log. I felt horrible for the fish and my son cried he was so upset! It was at lions lake in voorhees and this dude was from PA. I wanted to kill him, but figured he was gonna eat the fish, so i didn't say anything. I taught jeremy to respect the fish he catches and the areas we fish at. We have been back there and i guess that dude got more pikerels after we left, because all of a sudden - these fish aren't in their usual spots. What a dbag, he should stay on his side of the river...next time i see this dude, i'm gonna give him an earful and we'll see what happens. I've got 11 years of karate exp. and might just have to use some and kick him back to PA!

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:36 pm

Crewchief those carvings are great. Well done.
Its good to see another Hockey guy on board.

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 pm

People eat fish they catch, it has been happening for thousands of years. If you do not want to do that it is up to you, but none of us have the right to tell other people what to do as long as they keep it legal.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:17 am

I agree with some of what Johnsobo is saying yes it is your right as a legal fisherman to eat what you catch..... Just as it is the right of Japan to kill every Whale in the Ocean. It's Legal But is it right???

Consider this as a Guide legally I could keep 15 bass a day on a 2 person trip at about 150 trips a year... well do the math. Thats why No Bass are ever killed on my Trips, I don't care if its a Trophy of a lifetime. Besides Bass taste like s*** go to McDonalds and get a Filet o Fish sandwich its better

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Japan has to stop capturing and killing whales under its whaling program in the Antarctic, called JARPA II, the International Court of Justice has said.

In a judgment issued in The Hague in the Netherlands today, the U.N. court has ordered Japan to revoke existing permits to catch whales for scientific purposes and to stop granting such permits in the future.

http://news.sciencemag.org/asiapacific/2014/03/japan-ordered-stop-scientific-whaling

by the way I do not keep bass. I just do not think some fisherman keeping them to eat is going to lead to their extinction.

And yes I agree that the limit you stated does sound high. But how many people fish everyday or would keep 15 bass a day?

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 10:56 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links