I am at the verge of tears writing this , but this may be my final post ... I had a DD MONSTER barely hooked .U know them fattys that are so big they can't even jump out the water ... She was just tiring out n I had her right in 6 inches of water her robust body completly out of the water as I reached down to lip this Mother of many, then it happened ... The lure came out with one final shake of her head . She was lying there just a foot away just realized she was unhooked n took a flop toward the drop off n for some reason my impulse told me I could still get her if i just grab her before she swam off ... Terrible idea ,took one step in then fell into the water just grabbing her fat ass tail n with one thrust she was gone and I was SWIMMING . Phone , camera , Lures , rod n reel .. I love this stuff I really do but I dont know man , I just dont know ... Phone is a galaxy s 2 n as of now is working fine knock on wood ..

Posted Sat May 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Thats sucks...I lost a nesting bass in the dd range off a steep bank close to the shore, I dropped my jig over a branch and it plopped into her nest , she attacked it and inhaled it, i set the hook and reeled, the branch snapped she fought so hard, but 20lb fireline ,a punisher jig and a med heavy pole she wasnt going anywhere..she tried two runs and couldnt get unbuttoned but when I climbed down the bank, The slightest bit of slack let her shake the hook loose, she was almost in my hands in 4 inches of water. She will be there again next year im positive since I caught her two years ago and saw her there last year.

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 11:27 am

Dude I wanted to cry .. it was by far the biggest bass i have seen . It didnt bother me my 100 dollar camera ws ruined or that my 600 dollar phone was dripping water or even that my rod n reel was still in the drink .. Bcause I lost her , I felt like if I just set the drag a lil tighter or idk but it just took the air out of me not just that she left me with nothing .. A REAL b**** ... needless to say I will be back there in 5 hours to exact my revenge . lmao I really gotta laugh to keep myself from crying .. Hope u get urs Ed , I know I am gona get mine just hope the cam works by then ..lol

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 11:56 am

I know how you feel! I lost a large mouth bass the same way, but I stayed dry. The worst was when I lost a monster fluke that would have easily taken first place in a contest. I tired the fish out and got it alongside the boat, but it wouldn’t fit in the net. My crew forced it and away she went. I don't know who had a most surprised look on their face, me or the crew. The worst part of this is I never even got to see the dam fish! Idea Shocked

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 10:06 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links