I just got a 10 ft Jon boat to take my 2 Lil boys fishing the boat hold 500 pounds but I'm new to bass fishing so I been fishing from the shore but I don't know Where can I take my boys and the boat fishing in Bergen counrty new jersey.thank you to all my boys have been asking me when can I take them out on the boat lol but I don't know where is a good spot for a Lil boat thanks again ever body and place will help have a great day Very Happy

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Round Valley & Spruce Run Reservoirs, but stay close to the shore line. The wind picks up and you get white caps in the middle.These are both great fishing spots from boat or shore.

Holiday Lake in Montague. Good fishing and calm. Very limited fishing from shore, because of houses.

All of the above have boat ramps.

Good Luck! and post your photos of your catch. Very Happy

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:38 am

I recommend Green Turtle Pond in West Milford, its right after Monksville. nice lake around 40 acres not huge like the previously mentioned reservoirs. close to bergen. good largemouth, trout and crappie in there.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 am

Overpeck in Leonia has some decent Bass in it .. and ur allowed a car top boat in it .. I dont know about u but I wouldnt want to worry about kids ,copperheads, rattlers n ticks out in West Milford .. Wherever u go do u homework . Tight Lines n Open Eyes

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:15 pm

Try Split Rock Reservoir, right off Green Pond Road. I know there some MONSTER bass in there and it is legal. There is a short distance from the parking lot to the boat launch. Good luck!

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links